Gonzales Product Liability Attorneys
Defective Product Lawsuit Representation
Have you or a loved one been injured by a defective or unsafe product? You may be able to demand compensation for your injuries and losses from the product manufacturer. At Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys, our Gonzales product liability lawyers understand the complexities of defective product injury cases. Let us fight for your rights as a consumer! With our proven track record of success, you can trust us to handle your case with the care and attention it deserves.
Contact us online or dial (255) 230-3110 – we accept phone calls 24/7.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability refers to the responsibility of a manufacturer or seller for any injuries or damage caused by a defective or unsafe product they designed, manufactured, or sold. When a product is defective or hazardous, it can cause harm or injury to the consumer who uses it. A product liability lawsuit can be used to demand those losses, either through a settlement or a court award.
Different Types of Defective Products
Defective products can range from everyday household items to complex machinery and electronics. Our law firm can work on cases involving all sorts of products that pose a risk to consumer safety.
Some types of commonly defective products include:
- Automobile defects, such as faulty brakes or airbags that fail to deploy.
- Medical devices that have design flaws or manufacturing defects, such as hip implants or pacemakers.
- Children's toys with harmful chemicals or choking hazards.
- Cosmetics and personal care products that contain dangerous ingredients.
- Prescription drugs with dangerous side effects or which were not adequately tested.
- Household appliances that catch fire or have electrical defects, such as space heaters or washing machines.
- Electronics that overheat or cause an electric shock due to faulty wiring or design flaws.
Three Types of Product Defects
When it comes to product liability, there are typically three different types of defects that can occur:
- Design defects: A design defect occurs before a product is even manufactured and involves an inherent flaw in the product's design. This means that the product is unsafe or defective as a result of its design, and not due to any errors during the manufacturing process. A product with a design defect should never be sold.
- Manufacturing defects: Manufacturing defects occur when a product is poorly made or assembled or when an unsafe condition occurs at any point between design and sale. Such defects are typically the result of an error that occurred during the manufacturing process, such as a missing component, faulty wiring, or a substandard material that was used. Improper shipping methods can also result in a manufacturing defect.
- Marketing defects: Marketing defects refer to a failure to warn consumers about a known hazard associated with the product. This could be the failure to include warning labels or safety instructions, or misleading marketing claims that falsely suggest the product is safe or effective when it is not.
Each of these types of defects can lead to injury and liability for manufacturers, distributors, or retailers that sell the defective product. If you were injured by a product, we can work with third-party experts like product engineers to determine the type of defect and why the manufacturer should be liable for your damages.
Want to Start a Claim? Call Now
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective or unsafe product in Gonzales, Louisiana, you deserve an experienced legal team on your side. At our law firm, we are dedicated to fighting for justice on behalf of clients who have been injured by poorly designed or manufactured products of all sorts. Our team of attorneys has the experience, resources, and knowledge to file claims and lawsuits against major product manufacturers and corporations.
Don't hesitate to contact us by dialing (255) 230-3110 and getting a free consultation with our Gonzales product liability lawyers.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, elbow, arm, wrist, rib, back, and leg injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.
Side-Swiped: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, and back injuries in a car wreck in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered headaches, neck, back, and various soft-tissue injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.