Gonzales Uber/Lyft Accident Attorneys
Rideshare Accident Lawyers in Gonzales, LA
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Gonzales, Louisiana, you may be able to demand compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Our rideshare accident attorneys at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys are dedicated to helping locals who were impacted by rideshare accidents receive fair compensation for their losses. Our experienced legal team understands the complexities of these cases and is prepared to take on the challenge for injured rideshare passengers, rideshare drivers, or other motorists who were caught in the accident.
Please call our Gonzales Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at (225) 230-3110 now.
Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Our law firm has extensive experience working on complicated personal injury claims and motor vehicle accident cases. If you have been in a rideshare accident involving an Uber or Lyft service in or around Gonzales, then you can be sure that we know how to investigate the situation to uncover its cause.
Common causes of rideshare accidents can include:
- Using a phone or other software for map directions
- Aggressive driving
- Driver fatigue and distraction
- Driver inexperience
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Failing to yield at intersections
- Running red lights
In a rideshare accident, determining who caused it can be difficult due to the variety of involved parties. Did the rideshare driver cause it? Was there some sort of issue caused by the rideshare company that contributed to it? Or did another motorist or even a pedestrian cause the rideshare driver to get into a crash? Our team is here to ask all these questions and get to the answers, so you can be confident that your claim is filed correctly against the right liable party or parties.
Uber/Lyft Insurance Policies
Uber and Lyft offer insurance policies to cover the damage and losses that occur in a rideshare accident. However, the insurance policies don’t apply to every accident. Certain requirements must be met for the rideshare companies to consider offering their coverage to help the injured parties. (At the time of this writing, the insurance policies held by Uber and Lyft are nearly identical in their requirements and potential benefits.)
Uber’s insurance policy for rideshare accidents can be divided into three parts:
- No coverage: The rideshare company will not accept any liability for an accident involving a rideshare driver who was not currently using the app. The individually held auto insurance policies held by each driver will need to be used instead.
- Partial coverage: The rideshare company can provide partial coverage for a rideshare accident if the driver was using the app to find a passenger but had not accepted a fare yet. 50/100/25 third-party liability coverage can be offered by Uber or Lyft, but only if the driver’s privately held insurance policy doesn’t apply. Even then, it is not guaranteed that the rideshare company will offer to help.
- Most coverage: When a rideshare driver has accepted a fare (meaning the passenger is in the vehicle or the driver is on the way to pick up a passenger), the rideshare company can offer an auto insurance policy that includes $1-million third-party liability coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and/or first-party injury insurance, and contingent comprehensive and collision coverage. This policy is used to help cover damages suffered by the rideshare driver, rideshare passengers, and other third parties.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
After you've been involved in a rideshare accident, it is important to document the scene and preserve evidence that can be used to prove liability later. The first step should be to seek medical attention for any injuries and contact law enforcement, who should file an accident report. During this process, it's also important to photograph the wreckage, exchange insurance information if you were a driver, document road conditions such as light/weather conditions, and gather eyewitness statements. Lastly, it's important to consult with a Gonzales rideshare accident lawyer from our firm, so we can help investigate the cause of your accident and collect additional evidence to support your claim if necessary.
File a Claim Soon – Get Help Today
If you have been hurt in a rideshare accident in Gonzales, Louisiana, our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers are here to help. When we represent you and provide compassionate legal guidance, you will benefit from the knowledge and experience of our attorneys who are well-versed in the surrounding injury and liability laws. With an effective legal strategy crafted by our team, you can confidently pursue the compensation that you need to make up for lost damages and recover.
We represent injured rideshare drivers, passengers, and other motorists. Please contact our office today.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, elbow, arm, wrist, rib, back, and leg injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.
Side-Swiped: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, and back injuries in a car wreck in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered headaches, neck, back, and various soft-tissue injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.