Gonzales Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Serious Injuries, Serious Representation
When a catastrophic injury leaves you with physical, emotional, and financial hardships, you need to consider your legal options to hold the liable party accountable for what they have done. At Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys, our Gonzales, LA catastrophic injury lawyers are dedicated to representing individuals who have been seriously injured in accidents and now need legal support more than ever before. We can provide you with the aggressive representation you deserve, so you can confidently pursue full compensation and justice for your losses.
We’ve secured billions of dollars for past clients. Let’s see what we can do for you. Call (225) 230-3110 now.
Different Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are severe injuries that have long-term or permanent effects on a person's health and well-being. In many cases, catastrophic injuries can also be immediately life-threatening, so emergency medical care—and its associated costs—is common for catastrophic injury cases. Severe injuries can be caused by a variety of accidents, from motor vehicle accidents to slip and falls, and our law firm is ready to help with cases that involve them all.
Four common types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Brain injuries: Traumatic brain injury symptoms can include headaches, dizziness, seizures, and memory loss. Severe cases can also cause complete disability.
- Spine injuries: Spinal cord injuries can cause paralysis or loss of sensation in the limbs, depending on the location and severity of the injury. They can also cause organ failure and breathing difficulties.
- Third-degree burns: Third-degree burns cause damage through the skin to the muscles and sometimes bones. They require emergency medical treatment and can lead to permanent scarring and chronic pain.
- Permanent disfigurements: Catastrophic injuries can also include permanent disfigurements such as amputations or severe scarring. These injuries can affect a person's physical appearance and have a significant impact on their mental health and quality of life.
If you or someone you know has suffered a catastrophic injury, it is important to consult with an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the legal process, including investigating the cause of the injury and its extent. Our Gonzales catastrophic injury attorneys can work with medical experts to gain more information about how your injuries will affect your well-being, possibly for the rest of your life.
Catastrophic Injury Claim Damages
The effects of a catastrophic injury will likely be devastating and lifelong. Catastrophic injuries can require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and personal care. For this reason, the compensation owed to a catastrophic injury claimant is often much higher than for less severe injuries.
Some of the damages that a catastrophic injury claimant may be able to recover includes:
- Medical expenses: Catastrophic injuries often require long-term medical care and treatment, including hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, and medication.
- Loss of income: A catastrophic injury can prevent a person from working, either temporarily or permanently. Lost wages, as well as reduced earning capacity in the future, can be included in a claim.
- Pain and suffering: A catastrophic injury can cause physical pain, emotional trauma, and reduced quality of life. Such damages can be included in a claim as forms of non-economic damage.
- Caregiver expenses: Some catastrophic injuries require ongoing care and assistance from a caregiver. The cost of hiring a caregiver or providing care yourself can be included in a claim.
It is important to note that the cost of taking care of a catastrophic injury can far exceed the costs associated with less severe injuries. This is another reason why it is important to work with an attorney who understands the complexities of catastrophic injury cases and can fight for the compensation you need to move forward.
See How to Start a Claim – Call Today
Our team of experienced Gonzales catastrophic injury attorneys is committed to representing locals who have been seriously injured in accidents caused by the negligence of others. We are dedicated to helping our clients recover the compensation they deserve, even when that means we are fighting for multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts commonly associated with catastrophic injury claims. If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, contact us today by dialing (225) 230-3110 to schedule a free consultation.
"I can truly say they actually care about us even when the case is over."- Willie W.
Billions of Dollars
Big or Small, We Maximize Them All
Recovered for Our Clients
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, elbow, arm, wrist, rib, back, and leg injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.
Side-Swiped: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, and back injuries in a car wreck in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered headaches, neck, back, and various soft-tissue injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.