Baton Rouge Burn Injury Attorneys
Helping Burn Injury Victims Seek Justice & Fair Compensation
Severe burns are among the most painful and debilitating injuries a person can suffer. They can cause lasting physical and emotional scars, and victims often require extensive medical treatment. These medical treatments can take months or even years, and the costs can quickly become overwhelming.
If you or someone you love has suffered a severe burn injury, Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys is here to help. Our Baton Rouge burn injury lawyers have the experience, skill, and resources to take on the largest insurance companies and corporations. We are not afraid to tackle complex cases, and we are prepared to fight for you every step of the way.
Contact us online or call (225) 230-3110 to speak to one of our attorneys in a free consultation.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
There are many ways in which burn injuries can occur. In some cases, they are the result of accidents, while in others, they are the result of someone's negligence. Our firm has experience handling all types of burn injury cases, including those involving third-degree burns, second-degree burns, and first-degree burns.
Some of the most common causes of burn injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Defective products
- Workplace accidents
- Explosions and fires
- Chemical exposure
Our burn injury attorneys in Baton Rouge are skilled litigators who know how to prove fault and liability in these types of cases. We can help you understand your legal options and work to recover the maximum compensation you are owed.
Our team is available to answer your questions and address your concerns throughout the process, and we will fight for you every step of the way.
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can be divided into four categories: first-degree, second-degree, third-degree, and fourth-degree burns. The type of burn and the severity of the injury will depend on the cause of the burn, as well as the length of time the skin was exposed to the heat source.
Below are the different types of burn injuries:
- First-degree burns: This is a minor burn that affects only the outer layer of skin. It can cause pain and redness, but it generally does not cause any permanent damage. A sunburn is an example of a first-degree burn.
- Second-degree burns: This type of burn affects both the outer layer of skin and the second layer of skin, which is known as the dermis. Second-degree burns can cause pain, redness, swelling, and blistering. If the burn is severe, it may cause scarring or permanent discoloration of the skin.
- Third-degree burns: This is a severe burn that affects the outer layer of skin, the dermis, and the innermost layer of skin, which is known as the subcutaneous tissue. Third-degree burns can cause the skin to appear white or charred. The skin may also appear leathery or waxy. Third-degree burns can destroy nerve endings, so the injury may not be painful. However, the person may experience difficulty breathing or smoke inhalation if the burn was the result of a fire.
- Fourth-degree burns: This is the most severe type of burn and is often fatal. Fourth-degree burns can cause damage to the bones and muscles. The skin may appear blackened or charred, and the person may experience significant blood loss. Fourth-degree burns are often the result of an electrical burn, which may be caused by contact with a power line or a defective electrical device.
Regardless of the severity of the burn, these injuries often require extensive medical treatment, including skin grafts and other procedures. These treatments can be expensive and require a long recovery period. In some cases, the victim may be unable to work for an extended period of time.
Compensation for Burn Injuries
If you have suffered a burn injury due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our team can help you understand your legal options and fight for the full, fair recovery you are owed.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Costs of hospital stays
- Surgeries and skin grafts
- Physical therapy
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost income and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
Why Choose Our Firm?
At Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys, we understand that burn injuries can be incredibly painful and traumatic. We also understand that the costs of treating these injuries can quickly become overwhelming. That is why our burn injury lawyers in Baton Rouge are here to help.
When you choose our firm, you will receive the following and more:
- Personal attention: You are not just a case number to us. We are a small firm that is committed to providing our clients with the personalized, one-on-one attention they deserve. Our team will take the time to listen to your story and understand your goals. We will then work to develop a customized legal strategy aimed at achieving those goals.
- Responsive service: We know that our clients often have questions or concerns about their cases. That is why we strive to be as accessible as possible. Our team is available to answer your questions and address your concerns throughout the process, and we will keep you updated on any developments in your case. We will be there to guide you through every step of the process.
- Aggressive representation: Our Baton Rouge burn injury attorneys are skilled litigators who are not afraid to take on the largest insurance companies and corporations. Our goal is to always achieve the best possible outcome for our clients, and we are prepared to fight for you in and out of the courtroom. Our team has a long track record of success, and we know what it takes to win.
Get Started with a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has suffered a severe burn injury, it is important to take immediate action. There is a limited amount of time to file a claim, and the longer you wait, the harder it may be to gather evidence. Our burn injury attorneys in Baton Rouge can help you understand your legal options and take action against all liable parties.
Contact us online or call (225) 230-3110 to discuss your case. We are available 24/7 and offer free consultations to start your case.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, elbow, arm, wrist, rib, back, and leg injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.
Side-Swiped: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, and back injuries in a car wreck in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered headaches, neck, back, and various soft-tissue injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.