Baton Rouge Bus Accident Attorneys
INJURED IN A BUS ACCIDENT IN BATON ROUGE, LA?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bus accident in Baton Rouge, our team at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys is here to help. Our dedicated team of attorneys is here to help you get the compensation you deserve. Our team knows how to effectively fight for you and your rights. We will work tirelessly to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Call or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to learn about your legal options.
COMMON CAUSES OF BUS ACCIDENTS
A bus accident is an unfortunate incident involving a bus, which is a large motor vehicle designed to carry a significant number of passengers. These accidents can result in injuries, fatalities, and property damage. Bus accidents can occur for various reasons, and understanding the common causes can help prevent or mitigate such incidents.
Common causes of bus accidents include:
- Driver error: One of the most prevalent causes of bus accidents is driver error. This includes speeding, reckless driving, distracted driving (e.g., using a mobile phone while driving), driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and driver fatigue.
- Poor weather conditions: Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, fog, or strong winds can reduce visibility and make the roads slippery, leading to an increased risk of accidents.
- Mechanical failure: Bus accidents can occur due to mechanical problems, such as brake failures, tire blowouts, steering malfunctions, or engine issues. Regular maintenance and inspections are essential to minimize the likelihood of such failures.
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions, including potholes, uneven surfaces, construction zones, or poorly maintained roads, can contribute to bus accidents.
- Other drivers' behavior: Bus drivers must contend with other motorists on the road. Accidents may occur due to the negligence or reckless driving of other drivers, such as sudden lane changes, failure to yield the right of way, or aggressive driving.
- Pedestrian and cyclist involvement: Bus accidents can also involve pedestrians or cyclists. Inattentive pedestrians crossing the road without proper caution or cyclists suddenly swerving into the bus's path can lead to accidents.
- Passenger behavior: Disruptive or unruly passengers can distract the bus driver, compromising their ability to safely operate the vehicle.
- Blind spots: Buses have larger blind spots compared to regular passenger vehicles, which can result in collisions if drivers are unaware of vehicles or pedestrians in those areas.
- Inadequate training: Inexperienced or inadequately trained bus drivers may not be fully equipped to handle challenging situations on the road.
- Overloading: Overloading the bus with passengers or cargo can impact the vehicle's handling, braking, and stability, increasing the risk of accidents.
It is important to know the common causes of bus accidents so you are aware of your risk of being involved in an accident. If you have been injured in a bus accident, our team at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys will work hard to investigate the cause of the accident and whether you have a valid claim for compensation.
WHO IS LIABLE IN A BUS ACCIDENT?
In the case of a bus accident, several parties can potentially be held liable depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident. Liability may be attributed to one or multiple parties, and it often involves a thorough investigation to determine who was at fault.
Here are some of the parties that could be held liable:
- Bus driver: If the bus driver's negligence or reckless behavior, such as speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, caused the accident, they can be held liable for the damages and injuries.
- Bus company/operator: The bus company that owns and operates the vehicle may also be held liable, especially if there was a failure to properly maintain the bus, inadequate training of drivers, or negligent hiring practices.
- Other drivers involved: If the accident was a result of another driver's negligence, such as a car colliding with the bus, that driver may be held liable for their actions.
- Vehicle or parts manufacturer: In some cases, the accident might have been caused by a mechanical failure or defect in the bus or its parts. If this is the case, the manufacturer could be held liable for producing a faulty product.
- Government entities: If the accident was caused by poor road conditions, inadequate signage, or other issues related to road maintenance, a government agency responsible for road maintenance may share some liability.
- Passengers: In rare cases, passengers' actions could contribute to the accident. For example, if a passenger distracts the driver or interferes with their ability to operate the bus safely, they might share some liability.
- Third parties: Liability could also extend to third parties, such as a construction company working on or near the road where the accident occurred, if their actions contributed to the crash.
Our team will investigate your accident to determine the cause. If the bus driver or another party is at fault, we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. We know how to effectively investigate an accident and build a strong case for our clients.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bus accident, don't wait to get the help you need. Our team at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys is here to answer your questions and help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (225) 230-3110.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, elbow, arm, wrist, rib, back, and leg injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.
Side-Swiped: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, and back injuries in a car wreck in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered headaches, neck, back, and various soft-tissue injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.