Baton Rouge Bus Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Bus Accident in Baton Rouge, LA?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bus accident in Baton Rouge, our team at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys is here to help. Our dedicated team of attorneys is here to help you get the compensation you deserve. Our team knows how to effectively fight for you and your rights. We will work tirelessly to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
A bus accident is an unfortunate incident involving a bus, which is a large motor vehicle designed to carry a significant number of passengers. These accidents can result in injuries, fatalities, and property damage. Bus accidents can occur for various reasons, and understanding the common causes can help prevent or mitigate such incidents.
Common causes of bus accidents include:
- Driver error: One of the most prevalent causes of bus accidents is driver error. This includes speeding, reckless driving, distracted driving (e.g., using a mobile phone while driving), driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and driver fatigue.
- Poor weather conditions: Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, fog, or strong winds can reduce visibility and make the roads slippery, leading to an increased risk of accidents.
- Mechanical failure: Bus accidents can occur due to mechanical problems, such as brake failures, tire blowouts, steering malfunctions, or engine issues. Regular maintenance and inspections are essential to minimize the likelihood of such failures.
- Road conditions: Poor road conditions, including potholes, uneven surfaces, construction zones, or poorly maintained roads, can contribute to bus accidents.
- Other drivers' behavior: Bus drivers must contend with other motorists on the road. Accidents may occur due to the negligence or reckless driving of other drivers, such as sudden lane changes, failure to yield the right of way, or aggressive driving.
- Pedestrian and cyclist involvement: Bus accidents can also involve pedestrians or cyclists. Inattentive pedestrians crossing the road without proper caution or cyclists suddenly swerving into the bus's path can lead to accidents.
- Passenger behavior: Disruptive or unruly passengers can distract the bus driver, compromising their ability to safely operate the vehicle.
- Blind spots: Buses have larger blind spots compared to regular passenger vehicles, which can result in collisions if drivers are unaware of vehicles or pedestrians in those areas.
- Inadequate training: Inexperienced or inadequately trained bus drivers may not be fully equipped to handle challenging situations on the road.
- Overloading: Overloading the bus with passengers or cargo can impact the vehicle's handling, braking, and stability, increasing the risk of accidents.
It is important to know the common causes of bus accidents so you are aware of your risk of being involved in an accident. If you have been injured in a bus accident, our team at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys will work hard to investigate the cause of the accident and whether you have a valid claim for compensation.
Who is Liable in a Bus Accident?
In the case of a bus accident, several parties can potentially be held liable depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident. Liability may be attributed to one or multiple parties, and it often involves a thorough investigation to determine who was at fault.
Here are some of the parties that could be held liable:
- Bus driver: If the bus driver's negligence or reckless behavior, such as speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, caused the accident, they can be held liable for the damages and injuries.
- Bus company/operator: The bus company that owns and operates the vehicle may also be held liable, especially if there was a failure to properly maintain the bus, inadequate training of drivers, or negligent hiring practices.
- Other drivers involved: If the accident was a result of another driver's negligence, such as a car colliding with the bus, that driver may be held liable for their actions.
- Vehicle or parts manufacturer: In some cases, the accident might have been caused by a mechanical failure or defect in the bus or its parts. If this is the case, the manufacturer could be held liable for producing a faulty product.
- Government entities: If the accident was caused by poor road conditions, inadequate signage, or other issues related to road maintenance, a government agency responsible for road maintenance may share some liability.
- Passengers: In rare cases, passengers' actions could contribute to the accident. For example, if a passenger distracts the driver or interferes with their ability to operate the bus safely, they might share some liability.
- Third parties: Liability could also extend to third parties, such as a construction company working on or near the road where the accident occurred, if their actions contributed to the crash.
Our team will investigate your accident to determine the cause. If the bus driver or another party is at fault, we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. We know how to effectively investigate an accident and build a strong case for our clients.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bus accident, don't wait to get the help you need. Our team at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys is here to answer your questions and help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (225) 230-3110.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, elbow, arm, wrist, rib, back, and leg injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.
Side-Swiped: Chris’ client suffered head, neck, and back injuries in a car wreck in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Rear-end: Chris’ client suffered headaches, neck, back, and various soft-tissue injuries in a truck wreck in Pointe Coupee Parish.
"Chris Corzo is the most competent & honest lawyer I've ever worked with."- Anastasia D.
"I can truly say they actually care about us even when the case is over."- Willie W.
"Christopher Corzo did an excellent job and went far above and beyond what I expected."- Edgar P.
We do not only focus on the total recovery. We focus on the amount YOU recover in YOUR pocket.
More SecurityOur high-powered and caring attorneys make you feel secure every step of the way.
Rest easy knowing that you never pay anything out-of-pocket for our initial consultation or services.
More CareWe go to great lengths to deliver results but also go above and beyond for our clients.
I Was Injured in a Vehicle or Big Truck Accident in Baton Rouge. How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
At Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys, we don’t charge hourly rates or any fees at all upfront. Instead, we are paid on a “contingency fee” basis. This means that we only get paid if we win your case. This is an ideal arrangement for individuals injured by no fault of their own. It allows injured people to gain access to a quality attorney they might not have otherwise been able to afford.
In car wrecks or big truck accidents, the injured victim is usually up against a sophisticated insurance company that uses cut-throat tactics to save money at your expense. The contingency-fee structure at Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys levels the playing field. It gives you access to a firm that has the skills, knowledge, experience, resources and expertise to cut them down to size and help get you back on top.
If you or a loved one were injured in a wreck, contact Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys today for a free, no-risk case evaluation. You can’t and shouldn’t have to fight this battle alone. We don’t settle for less and neither should you!
Who Will Pay My Medical Bills For My Personal Injuries After a Wreck?
Anyone injured in a crash in Louisiana has the right to seek compensation from those responsible for the collision, whether it was a rear-end, T-bone, or sideswipe accident. If you were injured in a wreck, you might attempt to get compensation from the negligent driver (and their insurer) or the driver’s employer if the accident involved a commercial vehicle, for example.
In certain situations, you may have the option to seek compensation from your own insurer. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage is designed to kick in for policyholders involved in an accident caused by a driver who has no or insufficient coverage for bodily injury and property damage caused by a collision. The law prohibits these insurers from raising your premiums simply because you make an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim. The decision of whether you wish to exercise this option is up to you.
You must understand that insurance companies typically go to great lengths to minimize or avoid payouts. Many skilled insurance adjusters are bonused or otherwise incentivized to save their employers money, even if it means getting you less than what you are owed. The insurance company is not concerned with your well-being and will not act in your best interest. That is why it is essential to have a seasoned legal advocate in your corner.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
When contemplating whether to take legal action against a negligent party, you may fairly be wondering whether a personal injury claim is worth the trouble. Specifically, you will want to understand how much you stand to recover if you win. Under the law, personal injury victims can obtain compensation for monetary (calculable) and non-monetary (non-calculable) losses. Our personal injury services in Baton Rouge include an estimated case value after we carefully review your circumstances.
The value of your personal injury claim will depend on several key factors, including:
- The circumstances of your accident
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of available insurance coverage
Damages you may be able to recover in a Louisiana personal injury case include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills related to your injuries
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
What Should I Do After Being Involved in a Vehicle Accident in Baton Rouge?
Call 9-1-1 immediately if you or anyone else has been injured or if one or more cars cannot be safely moved from oncoming traffic.
Louisiana law also requires you to report an accident to local police if there are any injuries or at least $500 in vehicle damage resulting from the crash. In addition, some insurance policies require policyholders to notify the police any time they are involved in a crash.
When possible, it is helpful to use your phone to take photos of the crash scene. That includes documenting any damage to your vehicle and others, paint from other vehicles on your car, the surrounding area, traffic signs and lights where the accident happened, and further details.
Make sure you exchange information with the other party (in case the police do not give their information to you).
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
To obtain compensation for your injuries and losses after an accident, you will need to identify the at-fault parties and prove their liability. This is no small task, especially if you are unfamiliar with the legal process and are up against someone with considerable resources.
When you choose our firm, we will thoroughly investigate your case and gather physical evidence, police reports, medical records, witness testimony, and other proof to build the most compelling case possible. We will also work to proactively ensure that insurance companies provide the full extent of any available coverage.
Although some personal injury cases will inevitably go to trial, we have had significant success helping many of our clients get compensation and move on with their lives without having to go to court. If a trial is needed, our lawyers are well-equipped to fight and will do everything in our power to avoid a long, drawn-out court battle.
Our attorneys never settle for less, and neither should you. Contact us online or call (225) 230-3110 to learn more about how our personal injury services in Baton Rouge can help you secure just compensation.