Chris Corzo is a nationally recognized personal injury attorney with an unprecedented record of success as a personal injury lawyer. Over 15 years, Chris has personally managed and represented personal injury law firms with over $10 BILLION in recoveries, collectively. Chris’ victories for injured people and families have earned him life-time membership in the MILLION & MULTI-MILLION Dollar Advocate forums.
Chris’ success began at a young age. In 2014, at the age of 36, Chris was selected as one of the “Top 40” attorneys under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association. He was also named a “Rising Star” by Louisiana Super Lawyers, which recognizes the top 2.5% of lawyers in a given state who are 40 years old or younger.
Chris is currently a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” as recognized by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Chris has demonstrated excellence and exemplifies superior qualifications, leadership skills, and outstanding results as a trial lawyer. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers have this track record of success.
Chris certifies all his services with something known as the “C Certification.” This means there is NO FEE until his client gets paid and, any and all fees, come out of the MONEY RECOVERED, NOT THE CLIENT’S POCKET.
More About Chris
Chris Corzo Injury Attorneys (CCIA) is owned and managed by long-standing Baton Rouge attorney Chris Corzo. After graduating from LSU Law in 2006, Chris immediately began his successful career as a personal injury attorney.
He initially began working for Baron & Budd, one of the largest mass tort personal injury firms in the country. He represented hundreds of union workers against big insurance companies and businesses such as Exxon Mobile, Shell Global, and Texaco. Chris then gained an immense amount of experience in personal injury law while working at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys (GMIA), one of the largest plaintiff personal injury firms in Louisiana and the country. In those 13 years at GMIA, Chris started out as a pre-litigation attorney, then transitioned to a full-time litigation attorney, and was ultimately promoted to the executive role of Managing Attorney for all GMIA.
As the Managing Attorney, Chris managed the legal operations of the firm consisting of mid-level managers (e.g., quality assurance, client relations, support services, etc.), 15 supervising attorneys, over 50 attorneys, and over 100 employees. As a long-standing personal injury attorney, Chris has developed a unique combination of expertise and skills to deliver significant results and experiences for his clients. He has handled virtually all types of personal injury cases (e.g., auto, premise, etc.) involving all types of circumstances (e.g., DWI, distracted driving, liability disputes, etc.) and injuries of all types and levels of severity.
To date, Chris has successfully handled cases of all sizes. He has handled cases with thousand-dollar to multi-million-dollar recoveries. He has been recognized as a National Top 100 Trial Lawyer, National Trial Lawyers Association Top 40 under 40, Super Lawyer, Rising Star, Million Dollar Advocate, and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate with numerous million and multi-million-dollar recoveries. Recent 7-figure cases include recoveries of more than $8 Million, $3 Million, and $2 Million. Chris has had the privilege of serving thousands of clients.
After being promoted to the position of GMIA’s Managing Attorney, Chris was able to successfully translate his prior management and legal experience, as well as his own individual successes, into firmwide success. With the contributions of his leadership, managers, attorneys, and staff, he successfully created, led, executed, and thereafter managed several change management initiatives which significantly increased results for many clients.
Personally, Chris is driven and values-oriented. He has a strong work ethic and routine. Chris is a family man, as he is the proud husband of a beautiful wife and a proud father of two beautiful little girls. He is also one that enjoys being active and involved with his community. He is currently a commissioner for the St. George Fire Protection District, as well as an active parishioner, ACTS member, and eucharistic minister of St. George Church.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Super Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- National Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- National Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer (2016 until Age 40)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2016 until Age 40)
- $10 Billion – Managed and represented law firms with over $10 Billion in winnings
- Former Managing Attorney and Chief Legal Operations Officer for Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys
Chris has successfully handled cases with thousand-dollar and multi-million recoveries. Recent 7-figure cases include recoveries of:
- $8.75 Million (St. James Parish) – lead counsel for client who suffered a traumatic brain injury
- $3.10 Million (East Baton Rouge Parish) – Mack Truck on Interstate 10, collided with client’s vehicle during a lane change wreck whereby plaintiff suffered neck and back injuries
- $2.90 Million (Pointe Coupee Parish) – 18-wheeler struck the rear portion of client’s vehicle causing a concussion, neck, shoulder, and rib injuries
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Group
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Commissioner of St. George Fire District for the City of Baton Rouge, Parish of East Baton Rouge
- Louisiana State University Law Center (Baton Rouge)